Land Line Now, Nov. 1, 2019
Click the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Rear underride guards and the agricultural ELD exemption are in a Senate bill – but not in a bad way; while its House counterpart has several trucking poison pills. Also, we’ll offer up some Roses & Razzberries.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Today’s newscast with everything that working truckers need to know. (10 minutes)
II. Roses and Razzberries
Some truckers helping other truckers. A trucker who was denied his service dog. The details on that and more in Roses and Razzberries. (14 minutes)
III. The solution to carriers’ problem is easy – and it is …
Which issues do drivers and carriers agree on, and which do they disagree on? We’ll explain how that figures into a big problem, and its solution. Also, how can different rules for construction zones in different states affect you? (14 ½ minutes)
IV. The good, the bad and the conference committee
The U.S. Senate version of a transportation spending bill takes a good approach to some trucking issues, but some rough spots remain in the House version. We’ll explain which issues are where. (9 ½ minutes)
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- View recent Safe Driving Award recipients: OOIDA recognizes drivers for safe driving records.
- Submit a Rose or Razzberry here. Or visit the Roses and Razzberries Facebook page.
- Read Mark Schremmer’s rant, Motor carriers, the solution to your problems is no big secret.
- Be sure to check out OOIDA Compliance Connection
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Keep up-to-date and share your views with lawmakers on the Fighting for Truckers website.