LLN (8/13/19) – Trucker Buddy is bringing its message to a whole new group – the
Scouts – and one trucker is the driving force behind the effort. New York’s governor wants to enhance the safety and movement of freight. New illegal truck parking fines are proposed in New York City. And a DOT committee intended to help guide the transition to automated vehicles – now disbanded – raised concerns about that transition.
0:00-10:10 – Newscast
10:10-24:59 – Trucker Buddy class for Scouts
24:59 -39:14 – New York freight plan; truck parking fines
39:14-49:07 – Automated vehicle committee
- Terry Scruton reported on a pontoon boat that was built from a 1988 Peterbilt owned by OOIDA life member Jeff Foster of Superior, Minn. Foster owns Jeff Foster Trucking. You can view the photo gallery below:
- Registration is now open for the second edition of OOIDA’s live business seminar, “Truck to Success.” The class takes place Sept. 10-12 at the Courtyard by Marriott at Exit 21 off Interstate 70 in Blue Springs, Mo. The class is designed for truckers who are about to make the leap into becoming an owner-operator, and for those who have been in the industry to cut costs and become more financially successful. For more information, go to OOIDA Online Education.com.
Trucker Buddy is bringing its message to a whole new group – members of the Scouts – and one trucker is the driving force behind the effort. Mark Reddig talks with OOIDA Senior Member Matt Slovack of Colona, Ill.
- You can find more information on the Trucker Buddy Scouting event here.
- Registration has closed for the class, but you can get put on a waiting list. Just email info@TruckerBuddy.org.
- You can also learn about future Trucker Buddy events at the Trucker Buddy website.
- Read more about the Trucker Buddy program from Land Line Magazine, Drivers in Trucker Buddy program help students learn.
- For more information about events, seminars and other information regarding the Great American Trucking Show, go to TruckShow.com.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo has announced a $206 million plan for state and federal funding to enhance the safety and movement of freight goods across New York. Also in New York, multiple bills in the statehouse cover concerns of certain New York City residents and businesses about illegal truck parking. Mary McKenna gets the details from Land Line Magazine’s Keith Goble.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine, New York Gov. Cuomo announces $200 million freight movement plan.
- You can also read, New York bills would slap fines on illegal truck parking in NYC.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
Mark Reddig and Mary McKenna bring us important notices from the Land Line Now Community Bulletin Board.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
A DOT committee intended to help guide the transition to automated vehicles has been disbanded. However, OOIDA always had concerns about that committee – and about the process going forward. Mark Reddig talks with OOIDA’s Bryce Mongeon.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.