LLN (03/28/19) – Terry Scruton talks to Jay Grimes about what they think Secretary Chao will discuss at MATS. Meanwhile, highway congestion makes six states consider lane-splitting for motorcycles. Mary talks to Keith Goble about that. Plus, the latest on even more truck shows with our calendar. And finally, OOIDA held a town hall meeting at MATS today. Mark Reddig sums it up with Lewie Pugh and Mike Matousek.
00:00 – 09:26 – Newscast
09:26 – 24:13 – Terry Scruton talks to Jay Grimes about what Secretary Chao might discuss at MATS.
24:13 – 39:07 – Six states consider lane-splitting for motorcycles. Mary talks to Keith Goble about that.
39:07 – 48:53 – OOIDA holds town hall meeting at MATS to discuss trucking issues.
Texas Police are calling a truck driver a hero, saving the life of a suicidal teen. If you or someone you know needs help, call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255 or go online to chat with someone who can help.
Earlier this week, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced that Secretary Elaine Chao will appear at the Mid-America Trucking Show. Terry Scruton discusses what it might mean with OOIDA Manager of Federal Affairs Jay Grimes.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- If you have questions you would like answered you can call our Listener Comment Line at 800-324-6856.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine:
- Secretary Chao to provide regulatory update at MATS on Friday.
- DOT’s Chao calls hours-of-service rules ‘inflexible’.
Ever seen a motorcycle driving between lanes of traffic? It’s called lane splitting, and more states want to allow it due to congestion. Mary McKenna talks with our state legislative expert, Keith Goble.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine, Six states consider allowing lane-splitting motorcycles.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit the OOIDA Legislative page.
OOIDA held a town hall meeting with members. Some of the most important topics in trucking were discussed. Mark Reddig talks with Lewie Pugh and Mike Matousek of OOIDA.