LLN (3/28/19) – Rumors abound on Chao’s keynote speech Friday at MATS. We’ll discuss with OOIDA’s Jay Grimes. Meanwhile, highway congestion makes six states consider lane-splitting for motorcycles. Mary talks to Keith Goble about that. Plus get the latest on even more truck shows with our calendar. And finally, OOIDA held a town hall meeting at MATS today. Mark Reddig sums it up with Lewie Pugh and Mike Matousek.
00:00 – 09:26 – Newscast
09:26 – 24:13 – Rumors abound on Chao’s keynote speech Friday at MATS
24:13 – 39:07 – Six states consider lane-splitting for motorcycles. Mary talks to Keith Goble about that
39:07 – 48:53 – OOIDA holds town hall meeting at MATS to discuss trucking issues
Earlier this week, the U.S. DOT announced that Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao will appear at the Mid America Trucking Show. Terry Scruton discusses what it might mean with Jay Grimes of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- If you have questions you would like answered you can call our Listener Comment Line at 800-324-6856.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine, Secretary Chao to provide regulatory update at MATS on Friday.
Ever seen a motorcycle driving between lanes of traffic? It’s called lane splitting, and more states want to allow it due to congestion. Mary McKenna talks with our state legislative expert, Keith Goble.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine, Six states consider allowing lane-splitting motorcycles.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit the OOIDA Legislative page.
Plus Mary McKenna joins Mark Reddig with truck show information.
OOIDA held a town hall meeting with members. Some of the most important topics in trucking were discussed. Mark Reddig talks with Lewie Pugh and Mike Matousek of OOIDA.