LLN (8/29/19) – The CVSA released the complete results from Roadcheck earlier today. Also, the FMCSA gets an earful from truckers on hours of service and grants a new exemption to the 30-minute break rule. New York takes action to keep lift bridges on the state’s canals functional, and to keep loads that should be properly tarped under cover. Plus, a Wisconsin bill would prohibit roundabouts unless local governments OK them. We’ll have information about upcoming truck shows. And we’ll have information about a TSA Labor Day security bulletin and what you need to know about an oncoming hurricane.
0:00-10:10 – Newscast.
10:10-24:59 – Truckers on hours of service; 30-minute break exemption.
24:59 -39:14 – New York lift bridges, tarping; Wisconsin roundabouts.
39:14-49:08 – Results from Road Check; security bulletin; hurricane.
- Donald W. Wolford Jr. of Pawley’s Island, S.C., has been recognized by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association for 30 years of safe, accident-free driving as part of the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
The FMCSA gets an earful from truckers on hours of service. Terry Scruton talks about this plus a newly granted exemption to the 30-minute break rule and what’s on the agenda for the next Motor Carrier Safety Advisory Committee meeting with Jay Grimes of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- If you want to comment on the hours of service you can do that here until Oct. 7.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- If you have questions you would like answered you can call our Listener Comment Line at 800-324-6856.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine:
Multiple bills in the New York statehouse cover truck travel and CDL use. Also, in Wisconsin a push underway in the statehouse could slow plans on more than 30 roundabouts scheduled for construction in the state. Mary McKenna gets the details from Land Line Magazine’s Keith Goble.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine: New York bills intended to aid truck travel.
- You can also read: Wisconsin bill seeks local authority on roundabout use.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
The CVSA released the complete results from the 2019 edition of Roadcheck earlier today. Mark Reddig and OOIDA’s Doug Morris discuss that, plus a Labor Day security bulletin and what you need to know about an oncoming hurricane.
- The TSA has issued an advisory notice to be on the lookout for anything that might indicate an upcoming mass attack during the holiday weekend, including any suspicious activity around locations of large gatherings. If you see anything call 844-872-3778.
- Truckers are being urged to keep track of Hurricane Dorian. You can do that on the National Hurricane Center website.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.