Land Line Now, April 12, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Every year, the CVSA conducts its annual Roadcheck safety blitz. So what do you need to do to prepare for the event? We’ll have some advice.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FMCSA warns drivers of letters that look official, but aren’t. A busy week lies ahead in Washington, D.C. And, Montana gets a Butte lift.
II. Roadcheck prep – what you need to know
Every year, the CVSA – the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance – conducts its annual Roadcheck safety blitz. So what do you need to do to prepare for the event?
III. How Land Line Magazine comes together
Land Line Magazine Managing Editor Jami Jones gets frequently asked what it takes to put out an issue of the magazine? She’s about to give us a behind-the-scenes tour of the process.
IV. VMT, you say? Which one?
Vehicles miles traveled taxes are getting more and more notice in our nation’s capital and elsewhere. But more than one version of this system is possible. We’ll discuss the options and more.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The FMCSA is warning drivers about fake letters and phone calls from companies warning truckers about their biennial updates. If you receive one of these, you can find out how to file a complaint here.
- If you are looking to get the one-shot Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, find a location through the Vaccine Finder website. Select only that vaccine and put in a ZIP code, and you can see who is offering it and which locations have it in stock .
- Jon Osburn, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Concordia, Mo., TA at Exit 58 off Interstate 70. Find upcoming Spirit stops here. They also have free protective masks.
- CVSA’s Roadcheck inspection blitz runs May 4-6. If you have questions, call OOIDA’s Business Services at 816-229-5791.
- The OOIDA Foundation is offering a series of free, online classes about recent changes to the hours of service. You can find it on YouTube or at the OOIDA online education page on the Association’s website.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving Land Line Magazine and you’d like to, you can sign up here. It’s free!
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.