Land Line Now, Nov. 1, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Your carrier may think they can do whatever they want when you lease on. But there are rules, and the regulations are part of federal law.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
The Transportation secretary speculates on the timeline to end the supply chain crisis. Details on the vaccine mandate for large employers could come any day now. And forget the flying cars – a hoverbike could be yours for a hefty price.
II. Federal leasing regulations – what the law says
What are the federal leasing regulations? How do they apply to you? And what you can do if your carrier decides to violate them. We’ll have a rundown on all the particulars.
III. Burned out, fed up and fried
Workers are burned out, fed up and fried. Sound familiar? It’s something truckers have yelled from the rooftop for years. Now much of the country is going through the same thing. We’ll discuss coverage of the topic in the latest issue of Land Line Magazine.
IV. Infrastructure, reconciliation struggle toward passage
Congress continues to wrangle over a budget reconciliation bill, which is creating a roadblock for the bipartisan infrastructure bill. We’ll cover where things stand and what’s next.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The OOIDA Truckers for Troops campaign starts Monday, Nov. 8, and runs until the start of business Monday, Nov. 15. You can join OOIDA or renew your membership for a discounted rate –10% of that will go toward care packages for troops and to support the Veterans Community Project. OOIDA will match that money.
- Starting Saturday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Ingrid Brown Petro in Oklahoma City. That’s at Exit 127 off Interstate 40E and Exit 154 off Interstate 40W. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- See everything OOIDA’s Business Services Department has to offer here. And you can contact them at 816-229-5791.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving Land Line Magazine and you’d like to, you can sign up here. It’s free!
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.