Land Line Now, July 7, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
It’s been a crazy year for freight and rates, but it could get even crazier. Plus, another step toward an infrastructure deal.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Wild weather causes problems around the country; fuel prices continue to climb; and McNugget mania brings down a pickup truck thief.
II. Crazy year for freight and rates
It’s already been a crazy year for freight and rates, but reading the tea leaves suggests it could get even crazier.
III. New authority pitfalls when getting insured
Signing up for the wrong coverage under the wrong insurance company could sink you, especially if your authority is new.
IV. Infrastructure talks continue
Another small step toward a final infrastructure agreement.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Walcott Truckers Jamboree kicks off tomorrow. The show runs July 8-10 in Walcott, Iowa. Get all the details here.
- Starting Thursday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Walcott Truckers Jamboree at the Iowa 80 Truckstop in Walcott, Iowa. That’s at Exit 284 off Interstate 80. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- Find out more about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance program here.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.