Land Line Now, March 25, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The COVID-19 outbreak is having a massive impact on freight and rates – and it’s not bad news. Also, a federal aid bill would help small businesses.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The feds ask state officials to keep the rest areas open; FMCSA tries to clear up the drug and alcohol testing situation; and there is such a thing as a free lunch – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. This trucker is a horse of a different color
OOIDA member Su Schmerheim – one of the only female solo horse haulers in the country – was named the March Member of the Month by the Women In Trucking Association. Also, truckers need to take some basic steps to avoid being a victim of cargo theft during the COVID-19 crisis.
III. Rates on the rise from COVID-19 freight
The COVID-19 outbreak is having a massive impact on freight and rates – and it’s not bad news.
IV. Aid package to help small businesses
The Senate’s emergency aid bill will offer help to America’s small businesses – and send a check to most Americans. We’ll explain what that aid is, and how it might help truckers.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Seymour, Ind., at Exit 50 on Interstate 65. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Get more information about the freight market.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.