LLN (2/27/19) – Rates continue their seasonal slide, and spot demand has dropped. Also, it’s a good idea to take stock of your overall health early in the year. Meanwhile, oil prices surge as OPEC restricts pumping. And a bill to lower the interstate CDL age is again in Congress.
0:00-9:41 – Newscast
9:41-24:25 – Take stock of your health
24:25-39:22 – Rates continue to slide; oil prices surge
39:22-49:08 – Lower CDL age in Congress
- The same storm system that hit Oregon earlier this week is now causing havoc in Idaho, forcing numerous road closures and stranding about a dozen vehicles on Highway 20 near Island Park. Read more here, Truckers stranded for hours in Idaho snow.
- A former bus driver for the Chicago Transit Authority wants the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals to let a jury decide whether he was wrongfully terminated because he is obese. Read more: Seventh Circuit weighs whether obesity should be included under ADA.
- The Pennsylvania Turnpike owes billions in debt and could be headed for a catastrophe. Read up on the latest issues regarding the turnpike:
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission approves 11th consecutive toll increase.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike’s cronyism illustrates another reason to hate toll roads.
- OOIDA’s lawsuit against the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission has been festering for 10 years.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, OOIDA spar in court filings over emergency injunction.
- OOIDA files lawsuit against Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission for excessive tolls.
It’s a good idea to take stock of your overall health before we get too far into the year. And a few simple steps can get you headed in the right direction. Mark Reddig talks with Bob Perry of Health in Transportation.
- You can call Bob at 602-692-2734.
- Or email him at email@example.com.
Rates continue their seasonal slide. However, the pace of the decline is slowing. Meanwhile, spot demand was lower last week. Mary McKenna talks with Mark Montague of DAT.
- Visit the DAT website.
- Or you can call them at 800-547-5417.
- Be sure to check out their blog.
- Chat with them on Twitter.
- And find out more on the OOIDA Members Edge website.
- You can call OOIDA Members Edge at 866-487-8253.
Also, oil prices surged as OPEC restricts pumping, and U.S. stockpiles plunged. And experts predict a continued steady uptick through March and April. Mary has our weekly update.
- Here is this week’s price report by Land Line Magazine, Higher diesel fuel prices reign across the U.S.
- Find Daily Fuel Prices by ProMiles.
- To see how to compute your own fuel surcharge use OOIDA’s online Fuel Surcharge Calculator.
- To download OOIDA’s fuel surcharge app for Android Smartphones, click here.
A bill to lower the age at which you can get an interstate CDL is once again in Congress. And once again, OOIDA has pointed out the serious safety problems it could create. Mark Reddig talks with Nile Elam of the Association’s Washington, D.C., office.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- Read more about the DRIVE Safe Act: OOIDA fires back against bills to lower age for truck drivers.