LLN (1/30/19) – Highway safety groups make a push to require speed limiters on all trucks. Also, we’ll have advice on how simple organization can make filing taxes much easier. Freight and rates continue their January lull. And diesel prices finally level off after 14 straight weeks of drops.
0:00 – 9:41 – Newscast
9:41 – 24:25 – Making taxes easier
24:25 – 39:22 – Freight in a lull; diesel price stabilizes
39:22 – 49:09 – Push for speed limiters
- On Facebook, an Illinois police department posted pictures of the arrest of Elsa the Ice Queen from the movie “Frozen.” The pictures, which have been shared by a number of police departments, were actually taken in 2015 for a police department in South Carolina.
- OOIDA has recognized Alan D. Asbridge of Quincy, Ill., for 31 years of safe, accident-free driving. Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Applications for the 2019 OOIDA Mary Johnston Scholarship Program must be postmarked no later than Feb. 1.
- Learn more from Land Line Magazine: Last chance to apply for a 2019 OOIDA scholarship.
- Or go directly to the OOIDA website’s information on the scholarship.
Taxes are not simple. However, with a little bit of organization, you can make them infinitely easier. Mark Reddig gets some advice from Shasta May of MBA Tax and Bookkeeping Service to get some tips.
Freight and rates continue their January lull, but some bright spots remain. Terry Scruton finds out where they are from Peggy Dorf of DAT.
- Visit the DAT website.
- Or you can call them at 800-547-5417.
- Be sure to check out their blog.
- Chat with them on Twitter.
- And find out more on the OOIDA Members Edge website.
- You can call OOIDA Members Edge at 866-487-8253.
Also, diesel prices finally level off after 14 straight weeks of drops. Terry has our weekly update.
- Here is this week’s price report by Land Line Magazine, Downward slide for average diesel fuel price stalls.
- Find Daily Fuel Prices by ProMiles.
- To see how to compute your own fuel surcharge use OOIDA’s online Fuel Surcharge Calculator.
- To download OOIDA’s fuel surcharge app for Android Smartphones, click here.
Safety advocacy groups ask Congress to require speed limiters and emergency braking systems on all trucks. Mark Reddig discusses their proposal and what the facts are with Collin Long of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.