Land Line Now, April 14, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Despite the pandemic and the shutdown of society, some important trucking issues are still progressing in our nation’s capital – among them, truck parking.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Fuel prices continue to plummet; New Mexico considers stopping truckers at borders; and a pair of brothers bring on the barbecue – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. A treat for truckers – and some truck parking
Several companies have banded together to offer a treat to truckers at the Plymouth Port of Entry at the Washington-Oregon border. Also, a Christian trucking group provides parking, showers, meals and more to drivers passing through – and the pandemic isn’t stopping them. And a scam targets truckers, while several companies help the St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund provide assistance to drivers.
III. Kansas will pay for some pavement
Kansas will have a new pot of money to repair its decaying roads, while three other states examine their rules for using the left lane.
IV. Push for more truck parking continues
Despite the pandemic and the shutdown of government and businesses, some important trucking issues are still progressing in our nation’s capital – among them, truck parking.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellwphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting April 23, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Cartersville, Ga. That’s at Exit 296 on Interstate 75. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.