Land Line Now, May 15, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
If you have a RoadLog ELD, you need to pull data off it now to prevent problems later. We’ll explain what you need and why. Also, credit checking brokers.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA highlights the challenges faced by truckers during the pandemic; the family of an Alabama trucker files a wrongful death lawsuit; and steaks on the grill for truckers in Idaho – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. ELD data – get it now so you have it later
If you have a RoadLog ELD, you need to pull some data off it now to prevent problems later. We’ll explain what you need and why. But first: Doing a credit check of brokers you deal with can save you a host of headaches, and help guarantee you get paid for the loads you haul.
III. Little freight, paying little
Jon Osburn is hearing something most of you already know – very little freight is moving, and it’s not paying much.
IV. How the pandemic is affecting truckers
A prominent U.S. senator recently asked some industry groups how the COVID-19 pandemic was affecting truckers. And OOIDA has responded.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report, call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The FMCSA has set up a dedicated web page for updates on when and where it is distributing masks to truck drivers.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Learn more about TBS Factoring.
- Continental Automotive Systems has discontinued its RoadLog line of electronic logging devices. You can find more information online at vdoRoadLog.com.
- If you have questions about what ELD information you need to keep you can call OOIDA’s Business Services Department at 816-229-5791.
- Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Ingrid R. Brown Petro in Oklahoma City, Okla. That’s at Exit 127 on I-40E and I-35, and Exit 154 on I-40W. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.