Land Line Now, May 21, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Truckers have been in our nation’s capital, protesting low rates and demanding action on broker transparency. So as things wind down, what are the results?
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA asks Congress to make a loan program helpful to small-business truckers; the Mackinac Bridge authority urges patience this weekend; and bringing new meaning to curbside service – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Broker transparency topic of OOIDA request
OOIDA has formally requested that FMCSA act to ensure brokers follow the law on sharing information with truckers. Also, remote compliance reviews and opposition to an hours of service exemption request.
III. New York truck parking fines
Some New York lawmakers want to increase fines for illegal truck parking in New York City, while an increase in weight enforcement is proposed for an urban expressway.
IV. Protests offer broker transparency issue some help
For several weeks, truckers have been in our nation’s capital and other cities, protesting low rates and demanding action on broker transparency. So as things apparently wind down, what are the results?
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The FMCSA has set up a dedicated web page for updates on when and where it is distributing masks to truck drivers.
- You can get more information about the Christopher Truckers Relief Fund on their website.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro truck stop in Joplin, Mo. That’s at Exit 4 on Interstate 44. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.