Land Line Now, May 11, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A participant in the trucker protest who took his frustration to Washington, D.C., discusses the protests there; another trucker praises his company.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Large trucking company asked to return small-business loan money; trucker protest continues in Washington, D.C. and Louisville; and the latest violator of stay-at-home orders? A bear – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Trucker protest participant speaks out
For many truckers, this is a confusing and frustrating time. While many companies are doing all they can to make sure their drivers are taken care of, others aren’t. We’ll hear from one owner-operator who took his frustration to Washington, D.C., and another who is singing the praises of the company he works for.
III. Taking care of that passenger
If you’re thinking of traveling with a friend or family member anytime in the near future, you’ll need to look into Passenger Accident coverage.
IV. More on trucker protest; California eyes split speeds
Truckers continue to protest in our nation’s capital; an effort to reform non-consensual towing continues in Missouri; and California examines its split speed limit.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email email@example.com.
- The FMCSA has set up a dedicated web page for updates on when and where it is distributing masks to truck drivers.
- The Commercial Routing Assistance tool went live last week. You can find it here.
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen 2008 Freightliner Cascadia. Find more information on the TRACER website or call 202-246-2698 if you have information.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Carl’s Corner, Texas. That’s located at Exit 374 on Interstate 35. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- The American Truck Historical Society to hold its annual convention and show virtually. You can find out the details here.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.