LLN (10/28/19) – Four proposed mandates now under consideration in Congress could cost truckers a ton of money. Also, more and more states are legalizing marijuana, and CBD oil is legal most places, but both can lead to serious consequences for truckers. Winter is just around the corner, so truckers need to be aware of adverse and emergency driving conditions rules. And OOIDA is pushing into new areas in the fight for truckers’ rights – including education papers for lawmakers and truckers, new grassroots efforts and more.
0:00-10:10 – Newscast.
10:10-24:14 – Marijuana, CBD problems.
24:14-38:43 – The cost of proposed mandates; adverse driving conditions.
38:43-48:22 – New ways of reaching out.
- Bill S2033 would require speed limiters in trucks to be set at 65 mph. OOIDA opposes the bill, and urges truckers to speak out against it.
- Call your members of Congress about the bill today at 202-224-3121.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine:
- The OOIDA Foundation has EPA grants to pay for 25 percent of the cost for an APU. Drivers need to have a model year 1996 through 2006 truck, and be based in Kansas, Missouri, Iowa or Nebraska. OOIDA membership is not required, but OOIDA members can get discounts on EPA-approved units. Go to the OOIDA Foundation website for details.
- The 2019 Truckers for Troops campaign starts Nov. 11. That week, you can join OOIDA for a discount. Ten percent of your membership will send care packages to troops overseas and help returning veterans, with OOIDA matching those donations.
- Read more here: Annual Truckers for Troops telethon begins Veterans Day.
More and more states are legalizing marijuana. And an extract from marijuana or hemp plants, CBD oil, is legal most places and growing in popularity. But both can lead to serious consequences for truckers. Mark Reddig talks with Amber Schweer and Leslie Butler of CMCI, OOIDA’s Drug Testing Consortium.
- You can contact CMCI at 816-229-5791.
- Learn more from OOIDA’s website.
- The OOIDA Foundation offers free webinars. You can find those here.
- See related coverage from Land Line Magazine:
Four proposed mandates now under consideration in Congress could cost truckers a ton of money. Mary McKenna talks with Jami Jones, Greg Grisolano and Mark Schremmer of Land Line Magazine.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving the magazine and you’d like to you can sign up here. It’s free!
- You can also subscribe to the Land Line News Nightcap.
- Check out Land Line Magazine online.
Winter is just around the corner. So truckers need to be aware of the rules for adverse and emergency driving conditions contained in the hours of service. Mark Reddig talks with Tom Crowley of OOIDA’s Business Services Department.
- Be sure to check out OOIDA Compliance Connection
- You can find out more about what OOIDA’s Business Assistance department does here.
- And you can contact them at 816-229-5791.
- Read about chain laws from Land Line Magazine:
OOIDA is pushing into new areas in the fight for truckers’ rights – including education papers for lawmakers and truckers, new grassroots efforts and more. Mark Reddig finds out more from OOIDA Manager of Government Affairs Mike Matousek.