Land Line Now, Oct. 4, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
OOIDA has been working state by state to fix problems with police-dispatched towing. We’ll have an update on progress in one state.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
Deadline approaching for carriers operating under the FMCSA’s COVID-19 emergency declaration. Furloughs within U.S. DOT avoided for now. And the hamster giving Warren Buffett a run for his investment money.
II. Diet and your health
No two things are mentioned more by health experts than diet and exercise. Proper diet can mean avoiding potentially harmful health conditions. Poor diet means a life that becomes steadily more difficult as time goes on. But which diet is the right diet?
III. Driver shortage? Not so much, says LL
It wasn’t that long ago that Land Line Magazine was busting the myth of a “driver shortage.” Now, the October issue is back on the subject because of a subtle but important shift in the story.
IV. Towing compromise is a move ahead in West Virginia
For some time, OOIDA has been working to fix problems with nonconsensual towing – those times when law enforcement calls in a tow due to a crash. And it’s a challenging problem, because it has to be tackled state by state. We’ll have an update on what’s happening in one state on the topic.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- To take part in the virtual public hearing on I-495 and I-270 managed lanes study, go to the project’s website and register.
- The deadline to register for OOIDA’s Truck to Success seminar is Oct. 15. You can register here.
- Starting Friday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Petro in Laramie, Wyo. That’s at Exit 310 off Interstate 80. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Find out more about Occupational Health Systems here.
- You can find out more about the Christopher Truckers Relief Fund here.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving Land Line Magazine and you’d like to, you can sign up here. It’s free!
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.