Land Line Now, May 13, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Produce season is providing a thin ray of hope for freight rates, but there is still a long road ahead. Also, keeping your driving record clean.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
FMCSA extends its national emergency declaration until June; OOIDA outlines the issues it wants to see in the next relief package; and the elusive mating call of the Boston Police Department – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Freight rates may see some help from produce
Produce season is providing a thin ray of hope for freight and rates, but there is still a long road ahead.
III. Keeping that record clean
While most courts are closed these days, citations are still being handed out, and right now, it might be more important than ever to keep your driving record clean. We’ll have some advice about what to do if you find yourself with a ticket in hand.
IV. What will be in the next stimulus bill
Many people in our nation’s capital agree another relief or stimulus bill will be required before the end of the pandemic. What’s not a point of agreement is what will be in that effort. We’ll review one plan already on the table and what its chances are.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email email@example.com.
- The FMCSA has set up a dedicated web page for updates on when and where it is distributing masks to truck drivers.
- Find out more about the ATS Pre-Trip app here.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Carl’s Corner, Texas. That’s at Exit 374 on Interstate 35. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Get more information about the freight market.
- Find more information from Road Law on their website.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.