Land Line Now, March 12, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Jon Osburn is hearing about rates, fuel prices, COVID-19 vaccinations and the PRO Act, which would take California’s ABC Test national.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A massive snowstorm is headed for Colorado, Nebraska and Wyoming. A new FMCSA report details some facts about truck crashes. And he was a shoe-in for the job.
II. More cheesy mods
A while back, we covered some of the more cheesy mods some truckers add to their rigs. Today, we’ll discuss more cheesy mods, including big teeth on winter fronts and super tall shifter sticks.
III. PRO Act, vaccines and money on truckers’ minds
Jon Osburn remains in Cajun country, enjoying good food and hearing about everything from rates and fuel prices to questions about COVID-19 vaccinations and the PRO Act, which would take California’s ABC Test national.
IV. Younger drivers law back in Congress
A bill that would allow people under 21 years of age to drive commercial trucks in interstate commerce is back on the agenda in our nation’s capital – all premised on the so-called driver shortage.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Hammond, La. That’s at Exit 40 off Interstate 12. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- Be sure to check out Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks. If you have a question you’d like to ask Bryan about truck mods or technical issues, you can email him at BossManonLandLineNow@ChromeShopMafia.com.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com, and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report, call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.