Land Line Now, May 28, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Marty Ellis says truckers are worried about the PRO Act and considering getting their own authority, while he offers lease-purchase advice.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Senate Republicans unveil an infrastructure counteroffer. A medical issue led to a deadly 2019 crash. And I fought the lawn, and the lawn won.
II. Take a layover in an interesting place
Driving to the same places and seeing the same things can get old, so today, we’ll recommend some interesting side trips. One will take you back in time to meet one of the Lone Star State’s most interesting historical characters. Another will get you up close and personal to a one-of-a-kind historical truck. Scott also talks to a trucker whose business is hauling one of Earth’s most important species.
III. PRO Act high up on truckers’ worry list
Marty Ellis is getting ready for his first really big truck show, but in the meantime, he’s hearing from truckers worried about the PRO Act and thinking about getting their own authority, while he offers some advice on lease-purchase plans.
IV. Republican infrastructure counteroffer
As negotiations on highway and infrastructure bills continue, congressional Republicans have made a counter-offer to the Biden administration’s infrastructure plan.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Starting Saturday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Raphine, Va. That’s at Exit 205 off Interstates 81 and 64. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.