(LLN 9/12/19) – Inspectors will look for critical brake violations during Brake Safety week starting Sept. 15. We have advice on how you can be prepared for your inspection. Don’t neglect to comment on the hours of service. The FMCSA appears eager to hear what you have to say. We’ll have the latest information from the Land Line Now calendar. And find out why Washington state legislators are suing their governor plus information on Wisconsin’s big investment in transportation.
0:00-10:11 – Newscast
10:11-24:45 – Commenting on the HOS is worth your time.
24:45-38:51 – Washington State legislators sue their governor. Meanwhile Wisconsin state budget includes a hefty amount of cash for transportation. Plus information from our Industry calendar.
38:51-48:20 – How to prepare for Brake Safety Week.
- The Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office is looking for help identifying two individuals who robbed the Grand Central Truck Stop on I-77 near Winnsboro, S.C. You can view the full news release, see pictures of the suspects and find contact information on the Sheriff’s Facebook page.
- Truckers are urged to make comments on the FMCSA’s proposed changes to the hours of service. The FMCSA’s next HOS listening session will be Tuesday, Sept. 17, at the U.S. Department of Transportation in Washington, D.C., from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. There is no RSVP or registration required to attend.
- You may submit questions that will be read remotely during the live stream by emailing them to ListeningSession@dot.gov.
- You can also view the live webcast here.
- You can submit your comments on HOS here. The deadline is Oct. 7.
- Read more on the hours of service from Land Line Magazine:
The FMCSA has a long history of paying lip service to truckers without really taking any action. But today’s FMCSA has a much different attitude, at least when it comes to hours of service. Terry Scruton talks with Land Line Magazine’s Jami Jones about why now is the best time to make your opinions heard.
- Truckers have another chance to give input on hours of service.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- If you have questions you would like answered you can call our Listener Comment Line at 800-324-6856.
State House and Senate lawmakers filed a lawsuit against Gov. Jay Inslee on Aug. 30 over what is described as “an illegal veto of six single-sentence provisions” in the two-year transportation budget. Meanwhile, a new two-year state budget has been signed into law in Wisconsin with a big investment in transportation. Mary McKenna gets the details from Land Line Magazine’s Keith Goble.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine: Washington legislators sue governor over transportation budget veto.
- You can also read Wisconsin state budget provides $320 million for roads and bridges.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
Prepare for Brake Safety Week is Sept. 15-21. Will your brakes pass muster? Mary McKenna gets some great advice from Andy Malion with Spectra Products on how to make sure your brakes are ready for the inspection.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- You can read more from Land Line Magazine: Brake Safety Week begins Sunday, Sept. 15.