Land Line Now, Feb. 26, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Changes to the PPP – the federal government’s Paycheck Protection Program – fixed problems in a way that may help small trucking operations.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA is okay with rear guards for trucks, front and side, not so much. The U.S. and Canada agree to work together on transportation. And, “Brother, can you spare a house?”
II. Truckers may benefit from PPP changes
Changes have been made to the Paycheck Protection Program that should make it easier for you to get some much needed help. Also, why more drivers are complaining of getting stuck under loads, and knocking down some road rumors about CARB, the COVID-19 vaccine and medical card renewals.
III. Looking for open restaurants in the cold …
Jon Osburn has plenty to deal with, from frigid weather and rising fuel prices to the continued restrictions from COVID-19. But he’s still keeping track of which truck stop restaurants are open.
IV. Pandemic relief close to House OK
By tonight, the U.S. House is expected to pass the presidents $1.9 trillion dollar pandemic relief plan – we’ll discuss that, an effort to include more truck parking and whether infrastructure is next.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- A truck was struck by bullets at about 8:30 p.m. Feb. 25 traveling on Interstate 94 east of Kalamazoo, Mich. The Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Office says the driver of a red car – possibly a Ford Fusion – fired shots at the truck. Call 269-383-8748 if you have information.
- Borrowers can apply for the Paycheck Protection Program by downloading the First Draw PPP loan application or Second Draw PPP loan application and working with a participating PPP lender through the SBA Lender Match tool.
- The comment period closes Monday for FMCSA’s proposal to require an annual rear impact guard inspection. You can submit comments here.
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen 2010 Peterbilt 386. Find more information on the TRACER website or call 202-246-2698 if you have information.
- Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Hillsboro, Texas, TA at Exit 370 off Interstate 35. Find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- See how OOIDA’s Permits and Licensing department can help you, or call 816-229-5791.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country , we want to hear from you . Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- For information about operating during the coronavirus pandemic, click on the COVID-19 menu on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.