Land Line Now, Feb. 14, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Tickets are something nearly every trucker eventually faces, but some seem downright pesky – we’ll discuss some of the common ones. Also, California issues.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Fresh off killing tolls, Wyoming kills a fuel tax bill; a weekend shutdown of Interstate 70 is ahead; and the boogie-woogie bugle boy needs to stay in company B – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Pesky tickets come in all shapes and sizes
At some point, nearly all truckers will face getting a ticket or citation. And some of them will be for what seems like silly or pesky violations. We’ll discuss some common ones.
III. California dreamin’ it ain’t – and it’s following Jon
California issues continue to dog Jon Osburn even after he left the state for elsewhere in the Southwest – be it split speeds, the new independent contractor law or some other topic.
IV. What do Democrats have planned for highways?
The Democratic candidates for president will talk infrastructure this weekend at a forum. We’ll discuss what topics might come up – and what U.S. Senate Republicans are considering to pay for highways.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA will host a members-only roundtable discussion at MATS on current issues. The event will be from 10-11 a.m. Thursday, March 26, in room C-104 of the Kentucky Expo Center.
- Are you a life member of OOIDA? Do you love your Land Line Magazine? Then we need to hear from you.
- Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Henry Albert TA in Laredo, Texas, Exit 13 on Interstate 35. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- If you have a question you’d like to ask Bryan about truck mods or technical issues, you can email him at BossManonLandLineNow@chromeshopmafia.com.
- Be sure to check out the Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.