Land Line Now, Dec. 12, 2019
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A Pennsylvania task force is looking for solutions to pay for highway funding. A number of options are on the table. Plus a lawmaker’s attempts to help coal miners, and what it could mean to trucking?
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A lawsuit is filed to help Celadon workers, and the EEOC has been ordered to pay CRST Van Expedited more than $3.3 million dollars following a “frivolous” lawsuit. It’s all in our newscast today.
II. USMCA replaces NAFTA
We’ll have the latest on regulatory reduction, NAFTA’s replacement and information about the drug and alcohol clearinghouse.
III. Pennsylvania searches for highway funding solutions
A special task force is trying to work out how to pay for highways going forward in Pennsylvania.
IV. Could senator’s crusade affect trucking?
Can a legislator make good on a threat to hold up Congressional work to support coal miners? If he can, what would it mean to trucking?
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Celadon employees who want to be part of the lawsuit over the WARN Act can email attorney Stuart Miller at SJM@lankmill.com
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- To read about legislation in Pennsylvania or any other state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- Or call the U.S. Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121.