Land Line Now, May 13, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Pennsylvania lawmakers are taking steps to reform a decade-old public-private partnership program, including stopping plans to toll bridges.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The Colonial Pipeline is back online, but shortages persist. The FMCSA gets ready for next year’s Entry Level Driver Training rules. And the dumb criminal of the day award goes to…
II. Feds work to fix pipeline-related problems
The federal government is taking further steps to address the crisis created by the shutdown of the Colonial Pipeline. Plus we’ll have the latest on entry-level driver training and automated vehicles.
III. Bridge toll plan at heart of PPP fight in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania’s lawmakers continue to battle over a public-private partnership program, including a bridge toll plan. Meanwhile, Texas lawmakers are considering protections for trucking operations lawsuits when the trucker is not negligent. Also, OOIDA is taking aim at some of the provisions that are likely to end up in the highway bill. We’ll have the details.
IV. Hours of service flexibility debated
The hours of service, including the most recent changes, were under the microscope recently in Congress.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA is taking aim at some of the provisions that are likely to end up in the highway bill. They have issued a Call to Action. Get the details here.
- FMCSA prepares for its entry-level driver training rule. You can sign up for updates here. The rule goes into effect on Feb. 7, 2022.
- The Highway to Hope online concert takes place May 16 starting at 6 p.m. Central. You can purchase tickets and find the live streaming event here.
- The Iowa 80 Truckstop is offering its COVID-19 vaccination clinic May 13-16. Any questions about vaccine appointments should be directed to Hy-Vee Pharmacy at 563-359-3120.
- The Oak Grove 70 Petro will have a walk-in, no appointment clinic from 1 p.m.to 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 20.
- Get the details on vaccine clinics and locations here.
- Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Fultonville, N.Y. That’s at Exit 28 off Interstate 90. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.