Land Line Now, Feb. 8, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Last week’s hearing on transportation workers and the pandemic brought out some important issues. Solving them is now a matter of follow-up.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
An arctic blast puts much of the U.S. in a deep freeze. Indiana has a new system for overweight permits. And a sign of spring is in the air – and on the road – in Boston
II. Alignment advice
Many aspects of truck maintenance regularly fall at a certain time or mileage. Others are done when needed, or when a problem crops up. One that can fall in both categories is alignment.
III. Your personal record and truck insurance
What you do in your personal vehicle could end up costing you in your truck. We’ll explain why violations in your car count against your commercial insurance policy.
IV. Pandemic hearing over – where’s the action?
The hearing last week about transportation workers and the pandemic brought out some important issues. But what about action to solve those issues? That’s where the follow-up comes in.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Indiana’s new oversize and overweight permit system is now up and running. You can apply for permits by logging into dor.in.gov.
- You can find more on truck repair and maintenance from TA Petro, here. If you have questions for Kevin and Jerry, email them at AskTATruckService@ta-petro.com.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA truck stop in El Paso, Texas. That’s at Exit 37 off Interstate 10. Stop in, say hi to Jon and Sassi, and join OOIDA at a $10 discount. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.