Land Line Now, April 6, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
OOIDA asks federal officials to help truckers do their jobs effectively during the coronavirus pandemic. Also, studying the effect on trucking.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA asks Congress to support truckers even after the emergency is over; scammers look to take advantage of the new small business loan programs; and a welcoming gesture for truck drivers – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. The pandemic’s effect on trucking
Two trucking research organizations have joined to study the effect of the coronavirus pandemic on the trucking industry.
III. The story behind the story
OOIDA recently told federal officials that truckers are the solution to safety problems – and it turns out, they’re the solution to much of the COVID-19 crisis as well.
IV. Pandemic prompts OOIDA to ask feds to help truckers
OOIDA has asked Congress to take specific steps to help truckers do their jobs effectively during the crisis, and after; meanwhile, the Association has asked the president for a different kind of help.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791.
- If you have any questions about the small business loans or think you might be the victim of a scam, call OOIDA at 800-444-5791.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Brazil. Ind., at Exit 23 on Interstate 70. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Foundation.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving the magazine and you’d like to you can sign up here. It’s free!
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.