LLN (9/14/18) – OOIDA was on Capitol Hill to testify before a congressional committee on the need for glider kits. Also, Jon Osburn spends some time at truck shows. And House and Senate panels have begun negotiations on appropriations bills, including transportation.
Earlier this week OOIDA headed to Capitol Hill to testify before a congressional committee on the need for glider kits in the trucking industry. Mary McKenna has that story on today’s Follow Up report.
- You can learn more about the topic from Land Line Magazine here:
John Osburn is here in town at OOIDA headquarters, but he’s recently spent some time at truck shows and just down the road at the Petro in Oak Grove, Mo. Mary McKenna checks in with the man who drives The Spirit of the American Trucker.
- See Jon’s full schedule, “The Spirit” Schedule.
- Read about Jon’s adventures in Land Line Magazine:
House and Senate panels met yesterday to begin negotiations on a number of appropriations bills, including Transportation. It went about as well as you’d expect. Terry Scruton finds out more from Jay Grimes of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121;
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.