Land Line Now, Oct. 8, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A North Dakota state lawmaker wants to allow road trains – trucks with three trailers – on the state’s highways. And OOIDA opposes the plan.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FMCSA issues an emergency declaration ahead of Hurricane Delta; OODIA tells North Dakota “no way” on longer truck combinations; and a new meaning to the phrase “rock the vote” – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. FMCSA issues emergency declaration for hurricane
The FMCSA has issued an emergency declaration to prepare for the arrival of Hurricane Delta on the Gulf Coast. Also, an attempt to sharpen the definition of agricultural commodities and a proposed expansion of the Under-21 military pilot program.
III. Nevada lockbox under threat
The Nevada Constitution mandates that any license fee, registration fee, or excise tax on gas or diesel be used solely for the construction, maintenance and repair of public highways. Now that might change.
IV. Road trains draw opposition
A North Dakota state lawmaker wants to allow road trains – trucks pulling three trailers – onto the state’s highways. And OOIDA has stepped up to oppose the plan.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Oregon still has two highways closed for repair work due to damage from wildfires. ORE224 is closed between milepost 31 and 49.97. And ORE46 is closed between milepost 16.2 and 19. You can find the latest updates on the transportation department’s website.
- If you’re interested in making a claim in the class action lawsuit against Prime Incorporated, go to PrimeTruckingSettlement.com.
- A new campaign is offering commercial truck drivers a free meal with no strings attached. You can find the information on The Trucker Tab website. The deadline to apply is Oct. 25.
- The OOIDA Foundation is offering a series of free, online classes about recent changes to the hours of service. You can find it on the OOIDA Business Education page on YouTube.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the TA truck stop in Bloomsburg, Pa., at Exit 232 off Interstate 80. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can find OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.