Land Line Now, Nov. 22, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
OOIDA wants the secretary of transportation to use infrastructure bill money to pave more truck parking – even through Congress left it out.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
Canada will soon require truckers crossing into the country to be double-vaccinated. “Nuclear verdicts” get the headlines, but a study says smaller settlements could raise your insurance premiums. And the FBI is following up on a new lead in the search for Jimmy Hoffa.
II. Providing Meals for 18 Wheels
It’s tough to be away from your family at the holidays, and many truckers end up on the road instead at home. But Thanksgiving Dinner may still be in their future, thanks to Meals for 18 Wheels. Also, every year, a group of truck drivers helps trucking families who are in need. It’s called the Truckers Christmas Group – and they’re already getting prepared for their annual effort.
III. Land Line Magazine Preview
Land Line Magazine is a bit like a mullet in the sense that it’s business up front and a party in the back. After getting through the hard news, the staff likes to lighten things up with some fun features near the back of the magazine.
IV. Truck Parking: OOIDA asks feds to pave more
OOIDA is asking the secretary of transportation to use money from the recent infrastructure bill to pave more truck parking – even through Congress left it out.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Highways throughout British Columbia affected by a storm last week are slowly opening back up. You can keep track of what’s open, what’s closed and what’s open only to essential travel, here.
- Starting Tuesday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the TA in Barstow, Calif. That’s at Exit 178 off Interstate 15. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- If you or a trucker you know is in need of a meal, message the Meals for 18 Wheels group through their Facebook page. Anyone wishing to volunteer may sign up on the same page.
- Find out more about the Truckers Christmas Group on their website.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving Land Line Magazine and you’d like to, you can sign up here. It’s free!
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.