Land Line Now, April 21, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
OOIDA wants truck parking money in the infrastructure bill – and has written a letter to the secretary of transportation to urge action.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA asks the DOT to act on truck parking. A Canadian province and a U.S. state team up to vaccinate truckers. And Batman to the (dog) rescue!
II. Awards, nominations honor truckers
It’s not just awards season in Hollywood. The trucking industry is announcing nominees and winners for several awards and honors. We’ll hear from some of the honorees and let you know what common thread connects them all.
III. Containers are stacking up
Shipping containers are stacking up at the ports along the West Coast. We’ll explain why this is a big deal for carriers and truckers.
IV. OOIDA: Money for truck parking now
OOIDA is calling for the Biden administration and Congress to include money to pave more truck parking into the proposed infrastructure bill – and has contacted the secretary of transportation to urge action.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Thursday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Foristell, Mo. That’s at Exit 203 off Interstate 70. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.