Land Line Now, Nov., 3, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Some time ago, OOIDA was able to get a state regulation taken off the books before it ever went into effect. Also, cleaning up your moving vehicle record.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA gives a thumbs up to a split duty pilot program; diesel prices drop for the third week in a row; and how not to move a snowmobile – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Cleaning up your MVR
Hoping to clean up your motor vehicle record? The process isn’t quite that simple; we’ll offer some tips from Road Law.
III. State regulation gone due to OOIDA efforts
Some time ago, OOIDA was able to get a state regulation taken off the books before it ever went into effect. We’ll have information about that and other state efforts on behalf of truckers.
IV. What states to watch as the results come in
While we wait for final election results, what states are the key places to watch and why? We’ll have a primer.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The Graves County Sheriff’s Office in Kentucky is searching for missing truck driver Felix Villegas. He was last seen about 1:30 p.m. on Oct. 31 at the Pilot on I-75 in Amarillo, Texas. Villegas is described as a Hispanic male with black hair, brown eyes and a gray and black goatee. If you have information, contact the sheriff’s office at 270-247-4501.
- The OOIDA Foundation is offering a series of free, online classes about recent changes to the hours of service. You can find it on the OOIDA Business Education page on YouTube or at the OOIDA online education page on OOIDA’s website.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the TA in Richmond, Va., located at Exit 89 off Interstate 95. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- You can get more information from Road Law here or send an email here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.