Land Line Now, May 12, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
OOIDA urges truckers to formally ask brokers for shipping documents, including the rated freight bill. Also, an expected post-pandemic enforcement surge.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA calls for truckers to request rated freight bills from brokers; the California Trucking Association asks to keep their AB5 injunction in effect; and Arizona wants your wit for its message boards – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Expect a post-COVID enforcement surge
You may have noticed that truck enforcement has been a bit lighter lately. However, once the pandemic crisis is over, you can expect exactly the opposite. We’ll have some advice.
III. Small-business plan would use your fuel tax money
An Alabama lawmaker wants to take fuel tax money and use it to help small businesses in the state. Also, a vote on a local Montana gas tax.
IV. OOIDA: Demand that paperwork from brokers
OOIDA is urging truckers to formally ask brokers for shipping documents – including the rated freight bill. Also, an effort to end pandemic weight exemptions.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The FMCSA has set up a dedicated web page for updates on when and where it is distributing masks to truck drivers.
- The Arizona Department of Transportation has narrowed down the finalists for its annual safety message contest. You can vote for your favorite here. Voting ends May 17.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Carl’s Corner, Texas. That’s at Exit 374 on Interstate 35. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Find out more about CDL Legal on their website.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- OOIDA has issued a Call to Action – Is you broker being transparent?
- You can read OOIDA’s weight exemption letter here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.