LLN (1/22/19) – Between now and Jan. 31, OOIDA members have a chance to choose some of the people who will run the organization that represents them. Today we’ll have interviews with truck drivers and board nominees Kristopher Peters, Stephen Saunders and Carl Smith. We’ll also have some important notices from the Land Line Now Community Bulletin Board.
0:00 – 9:41 – Newscast
9:41 – 24:25 – Kristopher Peters
24:25 – 39:22 – Stephen Saunders
39:22 – 49:10 – Carl Smith
- Virginia lawmakers are moving ahead with a bill designed to deliver improvements to the I-81 Corridor. One bill associated with that effort would establish a video-monitoring system to capture tractor-trailers leaving the interstate. Those determined to be leaving to avoid tolls would face penalties.
- To learn more about the situation, go to Land Line Magazine’s coverage: Virginia I-81 bill would penalize drivers for using Route 11 to avoid toll.
- Chuck Paar of Mount Jewett, Pa., has been recognized by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association for 12 years of safe, accident-free driving as part of the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program. To learn more about the Safe Driving Award from OOIDA, click here. Also, read about our latest group of safe drivers: OOIDA recognizes drivers for safe driving records.
OOIDA Board nominee Kristopher Peters
OOIDA Board nominee Stephen Saunders; Bulletin Board.
OOIDA Board nominee Carl Smith.
- You can read the nominee bios in Land Line Magazine’s story; Voting now open in the OOIDA biennial Board of Directors election.
- OOIDA members can cast your vote here.
- You can also hear the nominees’ radio interviews below: