LLN (4/8/19) – April 15th is nearly here, and if you’re not ready to file your taxes, it’s time for plan B. Also, we’ll have more of what went on at the Mid America Trucking Show. Meanwhile, trying to overturn a citation is a war fought on two fronts. And a lawsuit against Pennsylvania’s ever-rising toll rates has hit some twists in the road.
0:00-9:57 – Newscast
9:57-24:43 – If your taxes aren’t ready it’s time for plan B
24:43-39:38 – More of what went on at MATS
39:38-49:22 – Pennsylvania toll lawsuit
- Mark Miller of Ravenna, Ohio, has been recognized by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association for 14 years of safe, accident-free driving as part of the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program. Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- OOIDA’s Permits and Licensing Department is warning truckers to beware of solicitation letters and emails claiming that their UCR payments are overdue. If you receive one of these letters, you can check your payment status online yourself at ucr.gov or you can call the OOIDA Permits & Licensing Department at 816-229-5791.
- The Maine Better Transportation Association wants to know – what do you think is the worst road in the state? According to a news release, the winner will receive a grand prize of $529 – which is how much they estimate that every Maine resident pays each year in extra maintenance, repairs and accident costs because of bad roads. The deadline is May 1. You can make your suggestions online at fixmaineroads.org.
April 15th is nearly here, and if you’re not ready to file your taxes, it’s time for plan B. Mark Reddig talks with Shasta May of MBA Tax and Bookkeeping Service.
The Mid America Trucking Show is the biggest event in the industry. Mary McKenna will discuss more of what went on with Jami Jones and Greg Grisolano of Land Line Magazine.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving the magazine and you’d like to you can sign up here. It’s free!
- You can also subscribe to the Land Line News Nightcap.
- Check out Land Line Magazine online.
Trying to overturn a citation is a war fought on two fronts. Mark Reddig finds out how from Jill Thorne of OOIDA’s Business Services Department.
- Be sure to check out OOIDA Compliance Connection online.
- You can find out more about what OOIDA’s Business Assistance department does, here.
- And you can contact them at 816-229-5791.
A lawsuit against Pennsylvania’s ever-rising toll rates has hit some twists in the road. Mark Reddig gets an update from OOIDA’s Norita Taylor.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- Learn more about the turnpike and lawsuit: