Land Line Now, Nov. 21, 2019.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Everyone seems to want an exemption from the hours of service – but not everyone got one. We’ll tell you who did. Also, the latest on autonomous vehicles.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
It’s what you need to know that’s happening now in trucking.
II. You get an exemption … you? Not so much
FMCSA has responded to a slew of requests for exemption from the hours of service regulations. Also, the Senate Transportation Committee took a hard look at autonomous vehicles this week.
III. Ohio’s cash-for-turnover scheme is back
Ohio lawmakers are once again working to offer carriers some cash for training new truck drivers, while an effort to add tolling to Michigan highways moves forward.
IV. Cargo theft can happen – even when you’re on the ball
What does it mean when you do everything right, but still become a victim of cargo theft. Also, how you can have an impact in the upcoming election year.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- Nominations open for OOIDA board.
- Lawmaker wants speed limiters mandated.
- View notices on the Land Line Now Bulletin Board.