Land Line Now, July 30, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Some in law enforcement are noticing a trend involving pre-2000 trucks, ELDs and crash statistics that defies what federal regulators expected.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA asks Congress to help truckers by removing the HUV tax; Mississippi police are searching for a missing truck driver; And New Hampshire paves the way for flying cars.
II. OOIDA supports hours-of-service changes
OOIDA is speaking out in support of the latest changes to the hours of service, and against efforts to stop it from taking effect. Also, the latest on driver training and the Truck Safety Summit.
III. Fun in Land Line Magazine
Land Line Magazine has had its finger on the pulse of the coronavirus pandemic and how it’s affecting truckers since day one. But they haven’t lost their fun streak. We’ll explore why some of the magazine’s lighter features are such an important part of what they do.
IV. Trucks without ELDs seem plenty safe
Some in law enforcement are noticing a trend involving pre-2000 trucks, ELDs and crash statistics – and it flies in the face of the reasoning behind requiring the devices. Also, a reminder about Brake Safety Week.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Nominations for this year’s Transition Trucking: Driving for Excellence award are due July 31. You can download a nomination packet here.
- OOIDA’s Truck to Success course will be Oct. 26-28. You can find more information here.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the TA in Morris, Ill., at Exit 112B off Interstate 80. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also has face masks, if you’re in need.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving the magazine and you’d like to you can sign up here. It’s free!
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.