LLN (4/25/19) The new NAFTA receives mixed reviews. Plus we’ll have an update on autonomous trucks. Two states are pursuing mandates on snow and ice removal. We’ll have details. And cargo theft – Find out where it’s happening. Plus what happens when you can’t find an ELD that will work in your truck.
0:00-9:57 – Newscast
9:57-24:43 – New NAFTA receives mixed reviews and autonomous trucks rules move forward
24:43-39:38 – Two states pursue snow and ice removal mandates. Plus your LLN weekly calendar
39:38-49:25 – The hot spots for cargo theft and the difficulties in finding and ELD that works in your truck
Newscast A trucker came one step closer this month to get his day in court in a case involving CBD oil – a non-psychoactive chemical derived from marijuana that is used primarily for pain relief.
- Read more here: CBD oil companies face RICO charges in trucker’s lawsuit
The reviews are mixed to the U.S. Mexico Canada Agreement. Find out why. Plus we’ll have an update on autonomous trucks.
- Read more here: USMCA (NAFTA 2.0) estimated to add 176,000 jobs, raise GDP by $68.2B.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- If you have questions you would like answered you can call our Listener Comment Line at 800-324-6856.
Two states are pursuing legislation regarding snow and ice removal. And the latest trucking events on this week’s calendar.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit the OOIDA Legislative page.
Cargo theft is always a problem. Learn about the hot spots and what to do when you can’t find an ELD that works in your truck.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.