Land Line Now, Jan. 5, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
New efforts are being made to allow longer, heavier trucks onto highways, while some states still have police-dispatched towing problems.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A court says no to reinstating the convictions in the Pilot Co. fraud case. Fuel prices rise for the ninth week in a row. And keeping it cool in Michigan.
II. Pretty up that aerodynamic truck
If you have an old-style, long-nose truck, you likely have plenty of options to pretty it up. For those with newer, aerodynamic rigs, not so much. But that is about to change.
III. State fuel taxes change
Eight states have changed their fuel taxes for 2021, while Michigan considers an organic way to clear roads in cold weather.
IV. Longer, heavier trucks in N.D.
New efforts are being made to increase the allowed size and weight of trucks, while some states continue to have problems with overcharges on police-dispatched towing.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The St. Christopher Fund is kicking off a diabetes prevention program on Feb. 1. Get all the information here to participate.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- Starting Thursday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Sparks, Nev. That’s located at Exit 21 off Interstate 80. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- Be sure to check out Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Truckers can receive vouchers for free flu, pneumonia and shingles vaccinations. Email the St. Christopher Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 865-544-8145.