Land Line Now, Feb. 23, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Truckers need to keep an eye on their driving record, but you can have more than one. We’ll have advice on managing your MVR, PSP and DAC.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Winter weather hits the northern tier. Fuel prices spike across the country. And a slippery seal spotted on a sidewalk.
II. MVR and other driving records
Truckers are often advised to keep an eye on their driving record. The problem is, every trucker has more than one, and each can have a huge impact on a trucker’s life. We’ll have some advice on managing your MVR, PSP and DAC.
III. States eye fuel tax changes (mostly up)
Eleven states are eyeing fuel tax changes, from increases and freezes to letting cities collect their own. And most of them would increase what you pay at the pump.
IV. PPP changes – will they help truckers?
Recent changes in the Paycheck Protection Program are designed to put the smallest businesses at the front of the line. But will it really help small trucking operations?
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The Arizona DOT has added more trucking information to its Traveler Information 511 website to help commercial drivers plan their route through the state.
- The OOIDA Foundation offers a series of free, online classes about the cost of operations. You can find it on the OOIDA Business Education page on YouTube, or OOIDA’s Online Education page on their website.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Beaumont, Texas. That’s at Exit 848 off Interstate 10. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- To view your PSP report or challenge information contained in it, click here.
- Get a copy of your DAC report or challenge information on that report, call Hire Right at 800-381-0645.
- Read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Borrowers can apply for the Paycheck Protection Program by downloading the First Draw PPP loan application or Second Draw PPP loan application and working with a participating PPP lender through the SBA Lender Match tool.