LLN (7/5/18) – An advisory committee will gather soon to make more push for automated vehicles. Nine states are changing their fuel taxes this month. We’ll get those details. Plus, information about upcoming truck shows; more regarding the FMCSA’s denial of OOIDA’s ELD exemption request; and information about OOIDA’s TRACER program.
0:00 – 10:10 – Newscast
10:10 – 24:52 – Automated vehicles, regulatory review
24:52 – 39:42 – States raising fuel taxes
39:42 – 49:56 – ELD exemption; TRACER
Solar power could be the answer if you’re trying to save money. The North American Council for Freight Efficiency is out with its 16th Confidence Report, and depending on the application, the report has high confidence in using solar panels on both truck and trailer. To read the full report and use the payback calculator go to the Freight Efficiency Council’s website.
OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen truck. The red 2013 Peterbilt 379 conventional has a damaged muffler on the passenger side and Florida license plates. It was last seen on Southwest 121st Court in Miami. A $500 reward is offered for information leading to its recovery.
- Find more information on the Peterbilt 379;
- See more TRACER alerts;
- Call 202-246-2698 if you have information.
The next meeting of the Motor Carrier Safety Advisory Committee gathers to make more push for automated vehicles. Terry Scruton talks about what’s on the agenda with Jay Grimes of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues;
- If you have questions you would like answered you can call our Listener Comment Line at 800-324-6856.
The first of July marks changes in fuel tax collections in nine states. Mark Reddig finds which states and what those changes are from OOIDA’s Mike Matousek and Land Line Magazine’s Keith Goble. To read about legislation in a particular state, visit the OOIDA Legislative page.
We’ve learned a bit more regarding the FMCSA’s denial of OOIDA’s ELD exemption request. Mark Reddig discusses that – plus information about OOIDA’s TRACER program – with OOIDA’s Director of Safety and Security Operations Doug Morris.
- Doug mentioned a google search for a federal document. Here is a direct link to that document;
- Doug also talked about the TRACER program. You can go to the TRACER website here: tracersystem.us;
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com;
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121;
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.