Land Line Now, July 6, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
An OOIDA board member tells a national television audience how he’s making ends meet during the pandemic. And the newest Highway Angel discusses the award.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
Owner-operators have a little more time to apply for help from the Paycheck Protection Program; protesters shut down two more major highways over the holiday weekend; and a paragliding couch potato takes to the skies with a little extra cargo – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Pandemic presents challenges
An OOIDA board member has seen his number of loads drop drastically during the pandemic. He tells a national television audience what he’s doing to make ends meet. Also, what the newest Highway Angel did to earn the award; a virtual truck show in Iowa later this week; and a bridge honors a longtime trucking advocate.
III. The effect of switching from regular to special
Switching from regular operations to special operations is a big decision, and it has big implications with regard to insurance.
IV. Spending bill tackles trucking issues
The House, fresh off voting for its version of a highway bill, has turned immediately to the appropriations side, where it pays for all the goodies it’s authorized. And that bill also tackles several trucking issues.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen 1999 Freightliner Classic. Find more information on the TRACER website or call 870-480-7531 or 870-480-7541 if you have information.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker have canceled the stop at the Steen Gronlund Petro in Laramie, Wyo., but you can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.