Land Line Now, June 18, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Tires are the next biggest expense after fuel, so maintenance is important – but you also have to attend to maintenance of your health.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Canada’s ELD mandate is in effect, but there’s no enforcement until next year. Philips issues a recall on certain CPAP machines. And a villager with a torch finally gets his monster
II. Maintenance for your health: blood pressure
Blood pressure is an important indicator of your health – good or bad. But for truckers, it’s something more. The right numbers can get you a solid two-year medical card, while the wrong numbers could be bad news.
III. Maintenance for your truck: tires
The excessive heat that comes with summer doesn’t just damage and transform your tire. It can also lead to fires. We’ll explain how to best avoid “thermal events” and what to do if you find yourself face-to-face with a burning tire.
IV. When feds don’t, states do
For years, Congress has put off an important decision – how to fund highways in the future as fuel tax revenue declines. And that has pushed states to do some potentially problematic things.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Starting Saturday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Bucksville, Ala. That’s at Exit 100 off Interstates 20 and 59. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Find out more about Occupational Health Systems here.
- You can find out more about the Christopher Truckers Relief Fund here.
- For questions about commercial vehicle tires, you can go to the Michelin Commercial Truck Tire website.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.