Land Line Now, Jan. 17, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Truckers in California are speaking loudly about split speed limits and the AB5 independent contractor law. Also, do you fix the truck or make it pretty?
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Winter makes it presence known on the highways; a federal action against a state’s meal and rest breaks; and the first details of Connecticut’s truck-only tolling plan – it’s today’s news for truckers.
II. Fix it or make it pretty?
A lot of truckers take pride in having a rig that’s beautiful to look at. But sometimes, you need to focus on getting them fixed, as opposed to making them pretty. We’ll have some expert advice.
III. AB5 independent contractor law among left coast concerns
In California, truckers are anything but sunny about split speed limits and the AB5 independent contractor law.
IV. NAFTA replacement now with president
The replacement for NAFTA is headed to the president’s desk, while another effort to get a highway bill started is underway. We’ll explain what’s likely to come next.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Read more about the USMCA, the replacement for NAFTA: OOIDA calls USMCA passage a “victory for American truckers.”
- Two bills, S665 in the U.S. Senate and HR 1511 in the House, would require rear, side and front underride guards on all trucks. Truckers can express their views about the bills by calling 202-224-3121, and asking for your representative and senators, or writing them at FightingForTruckers.com.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Wheeler Ridge, California, Exit 219 on Interstate 5. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Read more about Jon’s journeys here: Wheeler Ridge is the next stop in California for The Spirit.
- Learn more online about the Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks, or call 888-875-7787 or 417-624-3054.