Land Line Now, Feb. 18, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Thursday, truckers will have their last chance to tell EPA how emissions regulations affect their trucks and their operations. Also, state road funding.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The DOT issues a warning about CBD and marijuana; OOIDA asks the FMCSA to keep trucker hearing requirements in place; and a sign of the times, or a sign of desperation? – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Common brake problems – and solutions
Brake problems come up frequently on inspection reports and out-of-service orders – despite the presence of devices like automatic slack adjusters. We’ll explore why that is, and discuss some other common brake issues.
III. Two states eye highway funding options
Virginia lawmakers want to change how they tax you to pay for highways. Also, Idaho considers a sales tax plan for roads.
IV. EPA comment period on emissions proposal ends soon
Two days from now, truckers’ chance to have a voice in the future of EPA regulations for trucks is over – and along with it, a chance to explain how emissions regulations have affected things like reliability, serviceability, warranties and more.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- As part of the Shift Into Success series, OOIDA will offer a class in developing a business plan from 3 to 4 p.m. Friday, March 27, in room B-104 at the MATS. The class is free and open to all truckers.
- Starting Wednesday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in San Antonio, Texas, Exit 583 on Interstate 10. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Learn more about the issues involved from Brake Safe here. OOIDA members can get a discount on their products.
- If you have questions about Brake Safe products, you can call 888-381-2355
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- You can submit comments on the Cleaner Trucks Initiative here. Comment period closes Feb. 20.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.