Land Line Now, Nov. 17, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Truckers have long wanted tougher rules regarding broker transparency. This week, they have a chance to speak out – but not for long.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The Brent Spence Bridge will remain closed for another month; diesel prices take a big jump; and an example of how not to get away with a crime.
II. Medical coverage alternatives
Getting good, affordable medical insurance right now is a little bit like hunting for unicorns. However, for truckers who need insurance and don’t have it, there are options and precautions you can take.
III. Texas lawmaker wants higher fuel tax
A lawmaker in Texas wants to raise that state’s fuel tax, while Pennsylvania considers tightening rules for when and how CDL holders report violations to their employers.
IV. Broker transparency – a last chance to be heard
Truckers have long wanted tougher rules regarding brokers and transparency. This week, they have a chance to speak out, but not for long.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Freight carriers, warehouse workers, and delivery drivers should be on the lookout after dead Spotted Lanternfly cases are identified in Michigan. You can find more information here.
- CVSA is accepting nominations for the 2021 International Driver Excellence Award. You can find all the details and submit your nomination here.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in North Little Rock, Ark., located at Exit 161 off Interstate 40. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- See what other medical solutions Dr. John offers at DocJmd.com. And you can find out more about the St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund at TruckersFund.org.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- Truckers have until Nov. 18 to submit comments on broker transparency; to read or comment on the broker transparency proposal, click here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.