Land Line Now, Nov. 26, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Land Line Now presents its annual Thanksgiving Special – including a short story about truckers, “Something for Stevie” by Dan Anderson.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
New definitions for ag haulers go into effect in December; Sensitech warns of heightened risk of cargo theft this weekend; and, whatever you do, don’t let the moose lick your car.
II. ‘Something for Stevie’
For several years now, each Thanksgiving, Land Line Now has brought you a very special gift from all of us – a reading of a short story about truckers, “Something for Stevie,” by author Dan Anderson. Today, we’ll offer up our annual holiday treat to you once again.
III. Living to tell the tale
An OOIDA member gets hit by a truck – and lives to tell the tale, while another truck driver describes helping bring an Amber Alert to a peaceful end. We’ll report on Utah officials who have taken aim at a notoriously dangerous stretch of highway with a new type of escape ramp.
IV. Truckers step up
It’s been a rough year for everyone. But truckers have stepped up not only to keep the country moving, but also to speak out on important industry issues.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- Read up on Sensitech’s cargo theft warning: Sensitech warns of heightened cargo theft risk on Thanksgiving.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Learn more about the new ag commodity definitions: FMCSA ag hauler rule to take effect Dec. 9.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Amarillo, Texas, located at Exit 75 off Interstate 40. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.