Land Line Now, June 9, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The highway bill recently proposed appears to be a positive event for truckers, but that can change. And it all depends on what happens in Congress.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FMCSA extends the pandemic emergency declaration another month; TA Petro names two new citizen drivers; and, Ahoy, matey, there be pirates off the Mackinac Bridge! It’s today’s new trucking.
II. Dealing with delayed tax deadlines
Several tax deadlines, including the big one that typically falls on April 15, have been delayed because of the difficulties linked to COVID-19. But delayed is not the same as “gone” – which is another way of saying, you still have to pay.
III. Wyoming lassos transportation issues
A Wyoming state legislative panel is looking at many proposals to address transportation issues that include funding and road safety. The main focus: addressing an annual shortfall for roads that is estimated at more than $135 million.
IV. Highway bill looks good now, but …
A new highway bill is in the offing. And while right now, it appears to be a positive event for truckers, that can change. And it all depends on what happens in Congress.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Starting Wednesday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Spokane, Wash. That’s at Exit 272 on Interstate 90. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Visit the MBA Tax and Bookkeeping website for more information.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.