Land Line Now, Aug. 14, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Kamala Harris stands to be the future standard bearer of the Democratic Party. Her stances on trucking issues. Plus, ambitious plans for a new kind of GBATS.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Interstate 70 is still closed as a Colorado wildfire continues to grow; travel restrictions are in place in downtown Chicago this weekend; and next up for 2020: Sea boars!
II. Plans for a new kind of GBATS
This year has seen a lot in the way of change. For truckers, one of those changes is the emergence of online truck shows. Bryan Martin of the Chrome Shop Mafia is creating perhaps the most ambitious version of that new kind of event. Our producer, Barry Spillman, and host, Mark Reddig, will get the details today.
III. Protests, Brake Safety Week and port-a-potties
Jon Osburn is in the upper Midwest, hearing from truckers about protests on highways, Brake Safety Week; the re-scheduled Roadcheck; and some very nasty port-a-potties. Mark talks with the man who drives the Spirit of the American Trucker.
IV. Kamala Harris and trucking
And finally – Senator Kamala Harris had a big week. The nominee for vice president stands to be the future leader of the Democratic Party. So where does she stand on transportation issues? Collin Long joins me from OOIDA’s Washington D.C. office to go over Harris’ record on all things related to the trucking industry – and what that could mean for future policy.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Waupun Truck-n-Show in Waupun, Wis. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also has free face masks and pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- Get the details on this year’s Guilty By Association Truck Show live streaming event here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.