Land Line Now, Jan. 4, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
How many truckers do you know who have spent significant detention time waiting to load and unload? The OOIDA Foundation is trying to find out.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FMCSA is proposing new guidelines for yard moves; NHTSA slaps Daimler Trucks with a hefty fine; and the Frivolous Lawsuit of the Day Award goes to …
II. Detention time: Finding out what’s really going on
How many truckers do you know who have spent significant time waiting to load and unload at the docks? The OOIDA Foundation is trying to find out. Also, a new online class on getting your own authority is in the works.
III. Land Line Magazine preview
“Just the facts, ma’am” wasn’t just Joe Friday’s catchphrase. It’s also how the staff at Land Line Media approaches their jobs. We’ll discuss reporting the news during a time when misinformation is everywhere and how a new administration will affect trucking issues.
IV. How will Georgia runoff vote affect trucking?
And Tuesday is the Senate runoff election in Georgia. We’ll discuss the race, and how the outcome could affect truckers, with Collin Long of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The FMCSA is proposing changes to the regulatory guidance for commercial motor vehicles to record yard moves in the hours of service. You can read more and comment here through Feb. 3.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you.
- Starting Thursday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Sparks, Nev. That’s located at Exit 21 off Interstate 80. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- You can see the results of the detention time study here. Be sure to check out the OOIDA Foundation page. Also, see what classes are offered here.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving Land Line Magazine and you’d like to, you can sign up here. It’s free!
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.