Land Line Now, March 31, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Singer-actor John Schneider, in the public eye since he first starred on “Dukes of Hazzard” in 1979, offers an ode to America’s truckers.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
President Biden unveils his long-awaited infrastructure plan. OOIDA joins a coalition urging Congress to say no to longer, heavier trucks. And putting the ‘aggressive’ in passive-aggressive.
II. Time to buy a truck? Part II
On this week’s Market Update, we’ll continue the discussion about whether it’s a good time to buy a truck – as well as how the situation in the Suez Canal could have ripple effects on the freight market for weeks to come.
III. John Schneider honors America’s truckers
In 1979, a new television series called the “Dukes of Hazzard” launched the career of an aspiring actor and singer. Now, 42 years, 167 acting roles, and more than a dozen hits on the country music charts later, it’s a fair bet that most people in America know who John Schneider is. And in his latest efforts, he pays tribute to America’s truck drivers.
IV. John Schneider – Part II
We continue the conversation with singer-actor John Schneider – including the filming of a second movie paying tribute to “Smokey and the Bandit” – and he’s inviting truckers who will be in or near Baton Rouge, La., at that time to come and take part.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in New Paris, Ohio. That’s at Exit 156B off Interstate 70. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- Find all the details for Bo’s Extravaganza here. That will take place April 10-11 in Holden, La.
- If you want to stream his film “Stand On It,” you can do that here.
- Be sure to also check out John Schneider’s official website here.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.